Follow me! :)

Follow

BE AFRAID

iPod today: Jessie – just coz I like it (and it’s my baby’s name)

I’m venturing out of my comfort zone again and it is making me odd…

I am not keen on self-help books I think they are a bit strange actually but here is a popular one that’s quite well known I think, called ‘Feel the fear and do it anyway.’

I have only ever read the title of this book so I can’t tell you anything about the advice the book offers but I think that title says it all really, and it’s a pretty good title to live by.

I am afraid of some things, I’ve mentioned the dentist before, and there are other things that scare me but I think facing them is the only way to go.

Change, going into something new and trying things that you aren’t really sure you can do are all really scary. But I always give myself a little pep talk; I ask ‘what’s the worst that could happen?’ I could get laughed at? People could tell me, I’m stupid? I could feel embarrassed? These are all stupid reasons to be afraid!

So even when my legs are shaking and my stomach churning I just go a head and do it anyway because most of the time it all works out fine and the times it doesn’t work out the fall out wasn’t nearly half as bad as I imagined it would be.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! You have the right attitude; when you ask yourself "what's the worst that could happen?" it usually does make things a lot less scary. And success breeds success. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)

    I am a big believer in the 'oh sod it do it anyways'

    ReplyDelete

Follow me! :)

Follow