Follow me! :)

Follow

When do you give up?

iPod today: Jessie J – Do it like a dude (my daughter loves her and seems to have gotten me hooked)

I am wondering when it is a good time to admit defeat and give up.

I have been trying to get my cousin to spend some time with me and his friends for months. I have taken to calling him at work every morning. I drop in and see him at work whenever I can and I organised a night out with him to see people he hasn’t seen for well over a year and do some catching up. I gave him six weeks notice that this would happen. I checked with him several times at least once a week and in the week leading up to the night every day. His responses went from ‘I’ll defiantly be there’ to ‘well I’m going to try’ until the actual day where he didn’t answer the phone or respond to text messages.

Obviously he didn’t show up. It makes me sad because he never used to be the type of person to let you down and if he said he would be somewhere he would be there.

His other friends have long since given up. They usually tell me they might drop him a text now and then but never invite him as they know he won’t come.

I am not writing this post (just) to moan, seriously when do you admit defeat and say: ok it’s your god given right to stay alone and friendless? I mean is it worth calling someone everyday, inviting them to things they will never come to? Or perhaps sometimes you have to just accept these things and move on….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me! :)

Follow