Follow me! :)

Follow

Get on with it woman!


The crazy summer heat has finally broken here, and I have to say it is a relief! We aren't used to such temperatures in this country. With it being a little cooler I feel like I can actually get on with some work! Except.....

I have completely fallen out of the swing of things. I don't know about you but if I stop doing things for a period of time (illness, summer hols, mad heat! Any reason) I kinda forget how to do it. I know the mechanics but I can't seem to get functioning! I need to finish my dissertation for my MA. It is due September and I am still writing it! I need to prep for the TPT sale (coming on the 1st and 2nd of August EEEEEEEeeeeeee) and I really really really need to sort out my junk and buy some new clothes, this is getting a bit beyond sane now. So this blog post is as much for me as for you because we all need a reminder sometimes to just get on with it!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Ginger-Teacher

Ok so here are my tips for when you just feel like you cannot get anything done!

1- Set a timer

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Ginger-TeacherWhen it comes to my dissertation I tell myself silly things like 'I can't do it right now, I don't have my study brain on' but then, of course, it doesn't get done. So I set a timer for 15 mins and tell myself I will write for 15 minutes, and I just do it, it doesn't matter if it is not very good (that's what editing is for) I just need to add something to it. If after the 15 minutes I still feel like I cannot carry on I take a break and do something else but then make sure I come back to it and try again after completing a different task. I do this 4 times and then if I still am not getting anywhere at least I did an hour's work today and I can try and get more in the zone tomorrow. Set a timer guys! 




2 - Help someone else 


I need to redo a lot of my covers (did I mention there is a sale coming?). I can't seem to find the omph! However, a friend of mine recently opened her own TPT store! (She is fab by the way run over and follow her please! Platinum Pedagogy) I helped her set up and get started, I gave her lots of tips and advice that I had learnt from making my own resources and in doing so it reminded me how much I enjoy doing this. It is fun I don't know why I have been putting it off! 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Platinum-Pedagogy


and finally...


3- Set a reward


I have been binge watching Son's of Anarchy recently, yes I do realise how far behind the rest of the world I am, on top of that the latest season of 'Orange is the New Black' has hit Netflix! I really, really, really, would rather be watching these than doing the things I need to do. But I am strong! I do not get to see Jax getting angry at everyone until I have reached a goal, it might be 5 new covers, it might be writing 1,000 more words, what ever it is I am strict with myself and then when I get to settle down and watch it I am happier and not worrying about how much work I am not doing.... Well mostly. 

Have a great summer everyone :)


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Ginger-Teacher

P.S. I recently upped my Instagram game and would love some new fun followers to connect with so please hop over adn take a look at my story :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me! :)

Follow