Follow me! :)

Follow

Take some time off!


Happy half term (those that are on half term, those that aren’t sorry…) I am off school for a whole week. I promised myself I would actually take some time off this week.



I don’t know about you but sometimes taking time off is actually harder than it sounds. The never ending to-do list is still sitting at the back of my mind and the relaxing thing I am trying to do becomes a chore because I’m not getting to the things I am supposed to be doing! (Yes I am aware I sound crazy, and we haven’t even gotten to the crazy part yet!)



I have found my solution to this. I write my to-do list for the day and I actually decide that part of my day will involve relaxation of some kind. So I will add to my list something I really want to do and make it, not the top priority, but definitely up there. For example today along with tidying the house, writing this blog post and planning next week’s SPaG I am going to sit down and read the new book for at least an hour. I cannot wait to open it up and get to it; but I know that if I just stay in bed and read I will spend the whole time feeling guilty about my list so now it is on the list, read for an hour has become a to-do. Now when it comes, I will be pleased to get started on it! I realise this makes me a bit crazy but it is almost like I am giving myself permission to do something enjoyable.

 My new book:

Am I alone in this or does anyone else have trouble switching off and actually doing things just for fun without feeling bad about it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me! :)

Follow