Follow me! :)

Follow

My eyes!

I have known for a while that my eyes are getting bad. The TV in my bedroom is pretty huge but I have to have the subtitles read out to me, on my way home through Victoria I can't see which platform my train is going to be at, on these big huge boards:


and last year when I went to the cinema to see Sex and the City 2 I had to have my friend read the subtitles out to me from the cinema screen.

So I knew they were quite bad but I kept putting it off I just thought it wasn't such a big deal but being a good list do-er I went and got my eyes tested and I am pleased I did, The optician  asked me if I had driven to the appointment and when I said I had he told me very firmly I was not to drive home and should not drive anywhere until I had picked up my prescription!

I picked out some nice frames and was impressed with Tesco's prices and buy one pair get one free deal so quite happy. They told me I would have the glasses within a week so off I went home (driving, yeah, yeah I know I'm bad)

When i picked the glasses up I was so surprised what a difference they made to the world I couldn't believe I had been living in such a blurry world everything is clear and I can see, I was so mesmerised by my great eyesight that I followed a car because I could see what the driver in front was doing in his mirror and got lost when I realised I'd turned down a street I didn't know.

I am impressed with my glasses now I just have to start wearing them....

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem. I have to have my boyfriend read subtitles and such to me all the time. I really need to get around to getting my eyes checked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is one of those things that you put off and put off because it's a pain to do and it doesn't bother you that much, but you really will be amazed when you can see clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I know my eyes aren't the best thing in the world, but I really look bad in glasses - my face is rounder than the moon. So I keep putting this off to myself, but eventually I'll have to it, too. Bothers...
    But, yeah, that's great for you!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me! :)

Follow